Gwen asked me if I had ever used the Palmer Pletsch method for fitting pants. I have, and had mixed results. I decided to give it a try again and I think that I have solved the front crotch issue!!! I cut off the cut on fly to make it easier to fold back the cf sas. I cut into the crotch curve front and back and taped well. I could see that the shape and depth was causing problems, so I adjusted it until it looked right. I'll make quick muslin to test it out. Kenneth King says that a wearable muslin is an just an expensive wadder, or something like that and I do agree. I have lovely spring fabrics that I have no desire to ruin, so another muslin it is. I even managed to get to Jo Ann's before my 50% off coupon expired and bought a bolt of the muslin I wanted.
I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning and dusting my sewing room and studio. We're painting, or rather dh is painting, the living room, working his way around. The knee wall in my sewing room is the upper wall in the living room, everything, but the upstairs bedrooms are open to the lower level. When they originally painted the walls in this house the painters apparently watered the paint down and we are still having issues. The paint has peeled off in large sheets when we've painted, though not all of it each time we've painted. So this time, he is hitting it with a putty knife and making sure that the paint is either really stuck or taking it off. Big mess, and the dust is all over the place. Hence my upstairs dusting. Not that it didn't need it anyway. I'll usually do anything to avoid cleaning.
You can see where the paint has come off the sheetrock. As I said, a big mess.
A3 NUM o 0357 DRESS
2 hours ago