Friday, March 8, 2013

What's Wrong with This Jacket?





This jacket is by Vanessa Bruno and  retails for $770.  Did no one look at this and say, hey the sleeve is inserted incorrectly?  If it fits the model this badly who does it fit?  Maybe the sleeve is even in backwards?  I imagine it could happen in the factory, just like it's happened to all of us a time or two.  But, we don't  leave it like that. 
This jacket was featured in an email I received from Mode Walk today.  Did  they not notice how bad this is?  
I don't shop retail unless I am snoop shopping or, looking at websites.  I was in Neiman Marcus in Austin in January and I thought that the clothing I was looking at was beautifully made.  Of course I was on the designer floor and all of it was expensive.  This is probably well made too, but quality control was certainly sleeping when this one went by.

I will be back to my regularly scheduled blogging soon; I needed a break but sewing has been going on.
Have a good weekend









11 comments:

  1. I have to agree - someone was asleep at the switch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm a little horrified at the sight of that sleeve. Makes me want to rip it out and reinsert. Some unknowing customer would buy that jacket without knowing what the problem was, or probably not even knowing there was a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needs a good tug at the top as well. I have noticed that more and more clothing is sloppy, so I wonder if whoever is designing them has a clue what they are doing. More is the pity, people believe that what they buy, especially if it has a hefty price tag, is good design. Thank goodness for home sewers who at least try hard, even if they are not always successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it as a "design feature"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to imagine people (including non-sewers) accepting this sleeve!

    So glad you will be back to blogging, Nancy, as I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaw on the floor and not knowing what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How badly made. Strange they have chosen to market it at all with this photo and even stranger they put it into an e-mail. People that know nothing about fit apparently, or assume their buyers don't know about fit or don't care as long as the label has a famous name or the garment is expensie? (expensive, so it must be good? )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, a lot of non-sewists wouldn't realize how bad that sleeve is, and would buy it, thinking how chic they are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I overlook a lot, but that jumped out at even me. Awful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA!

    Dear Mom,
    You have ruined me for ready to wear. This is a problem. :-p
    Love,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people do not sew, as a result they hardly know how to look for things like this, and think that this is acceptable. It's not of course, but if you don't know it's not, then you don't know not to accept it (I know - duh moment!) It's great that you're on the designer floor to get inspired, cause that really puts a clear perspective on your sewing - that it's really high-quality and not the cheap fashion.

    ReplyDelete