I made a muslin for my pants and decided to go ahead and make it up in fabric. A wadder. At least it was cheap fabric. I really should take my own advice and get it right in the muslin. So, I made another muslin today. While I was at it I decided to redraft the waist to a contour waistband. The front crotch was much better and the back was almost perfect. The sides needed to come down about 3/4" though in the final I'll need to sew my lower left side down a bit more. I also needed more ease in the non stretch muslin. I think that I would be better off drafting two pants patterns. One for non stretch fabric, and one for stretch. I find that I really need very little ease with even 2 or 3% lycra. I will not be lazy and I'll sew another muslin. Pants are so quick to sew if I don't have to struggle with the fit ! I am kind of obsessive about pants fit, so until I get it right, no other sewing will be happening. At least muslins are quick and dirty.
I hope that I can get to it this weekend. I have cooking to do for Passover and even some work. Yep, work. I took the afternoon off to sew the muslin.
Have a great weekend.
Food Friday- looking towards Passover edition
3 hours ago