My black silk t shirt with lace sleeve is done as are the black linen pants except for the hem and my jacket is coming along fabulously. I added shoulder pads to it because they are flattering to my sloping shoulders and big shoulder look is back. These are not that big by any stretch of the imagination! I have too short a neck for that, but I like how they balance my hips. I have one low shoulder so I like the ability to even them out. It gets rid of drag wrinkles too without having to really lower the shoulder too much.
This fits me much better than Zelda. Unfortunately her bust has dropped a bit; in real life there are no drag lines. This is silk jersey and I had a b* of a time sewing it. The thread kept shredding. I changed types of needles and ended up using a microtex needle on it and changing thread with better results. Here is a picture of the sleeves before I inserted them and you can see the fabric more clearly. I cut them on the cross grain to take advantage of the net selvedge and left the hems unfinished. You really can't tell the difference between the straight and cross grain on this because the flowers are sewn on in a truly random pattern. The fabric is a leftover from a skirt I made a few years ago and came from Emmaonesock. This is from my V8151 tnt t shirt. It was tricky figuring out how much to add to the sleeve because this fabric isn't a knit. It worked, but I need to narrow the front chest on the pattern and make the sleeve cap a little wider to fit me better. In a knit it isn't so critical because of the stretch, but these sleeves showcases that the fit isn't perfect.
Next up is finishing my jacket and cutting out a couple of tops. The Hot Patterns Sunshine top in white cotton knit and maybe another animal print top.
My house is almost back to normal! My stereo is hooked up again and that makes me happy.
Notes on a Pattern - McCall M7445 Pants
41 minutes ago