Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finally, some sewing to show you!


I finished my leather skirt and my gray knit top in time to wear them to our sewing bloggers  dinner in NYC last weekend, but I didn't get any good shots of them  until today.  The top is Burda 113 12/08 in a very nice wool jersey from Emmaonesock.  The skirt is lambskin from Leather Suede and Skins in NYC. It's Burda 134 9/09.  It's one of their take one pattern and make 4, and they show them on dressforms.  It's really not the best way to see how a garment looks in real life. They describe this as a mini skirt.  I didn't add any length and I am 5'6" tall, the height they draft for.  Does this look like a mini to you?




I love  them with my motorcycle jacket as it was planned in my ill fated 2009 PR Wardrobe.  It's fun to wear and Cindy from PR day describe my outfit as 'Rock and Roll' .  I do feel chic wearing it. I have already gotten a lot of use out of it.  It looks great with my Tom and Linda Platt dress too and with the mild weather we've been having it works as  light weight outerwear.
I realize that I never posted a picture of my denim trousers.  They are in the wash and need a picture taken, so that will be later in the week.   I am still working on my McCalls jeans, 5894.  They are ill fated I think.  I ran the tab of the zipper off the top and had to rip it out.  This is why you should never sew a zipper in like Burda tells you to, at the end, with your garment already in the round.  If I hadn't already put so much time into them I might be tempted to chuck them, but they are flattering and the fit is good, if not perfect.  Of course, do I ever think I have perfect fit?  Not in pants anyway.  That flat rear end of mine is a pita  to fit.
Here are the links to my reviews on PR.

22 comments:

  1. You are ROCKIN' this look , Nancy!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Very rock chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jacket is awesome. The skirt is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - you go girl...you are kickin' I love that jacket - what a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entire outfit is very chic.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are defiitely rock n'roll! Love that jacket! It looks terrific with the skirt. Nice sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen all three pieces in person and they are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like a rock star! I just adore that jacket. Great styling with the tights and boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rock and roll in a very, very good way. Love the outfit (mini? no way). I really should do a wardrobe planning sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too, seem 'em in person and they're fabulous! Love that photo of Alex with the pup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In person Nancy this outfit really really works on you. Great combination of fabrics, colors, textures. And, I like the necklace you had on with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sewing with an attitude approach. Mary Mohr

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel that I need to reiterate that I wish I could wear your clothing!!! Tres chic maman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the combination, rock and roll but done nicely. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that my daughter posts on my blog. Now that she is back in Korea especially. We talk and e mail regularly, but seeing a piece of each others lives via our blogs is an added benefit. I will finish your jacket Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pictures of Alex in your previous post. It's obvious good looks run in the family!

    Your outfit is so very chic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You look fabulous. I'm with you; the skirt does not look like a mini skirt at all.

    ReplyDelete