Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meeting Bloggers in Real Life!






                              Carolyn, Robin, Marji,Mardel, Claudine, Lindsay T, NancyK
What a great night we had!  It was such a thrill to meet the people I know online in real life. Earlier in the afternoon I ran into Marji and Mardel in Pacific Trimming, which was serendipitous.  NYC may be large, but the garment district isn't all that big anymore.  They went back to class and I went on to B & J where I ran into Claudine.  I was standing next to her and recognized her by her jacket.  She rarely posts herself on her blog, but she'd just done a post showing herself wearing her clothes, so it was fresh in my mind.  A small world.  We went back to Mood where she bought some fabric she'd seen earlier, and I ran into Tom, from Pattern Review Day. I really look forward to meeting other sewers as they make their pilgrimage to the garment district.  There isn't anyplace else like it anymore.  It may not be the place I shopped in 25 years ago, but it's still fabulous.  The choices and the prices are better than anywhere else I've been. 

 Sewing:  I've decided that I will not be able to finish my PR Wardrobe in time to enter the contest.  I am planning on finishing the plan, so you'll see it here when I do finish it all.  I've got a top and the leather skirt to post.  Probably not till after Alex goes back to Korea.  Yes, she is leaving us Friday.  We have enjoyed having her home for so long but she took a great job in Busan, a big city the south coast of Korea.  She wanted a change and a place with less pollution.  I have to say that we have a wonderful relationship and that I am going to miss her enormously. 

I am hosting Thanksgiving and I always look forward to it.  It's my favorite holiday,   I hope that all of you have a great day. 
Happy Thanksgiving.


7 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the picture of all of you with your bags of fabric.

    I'm sorry your daughter is taking off again, but it sounds like a great opportunity. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you. LOVE that black jacket and skirt you made. I'm assuming the skirt is the leather you mentioned needing to post? It's great.
    Enjoy your time left with your daughter.
    And Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy I just loved meeting you! It was especially exciting to meet another mom of a daughter who teaches in Korea. Thanks to my own daughter, I actually know where Busan is and why it's desirable. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy thanksgiving Nancy, enjoy the time with Alex now she's still at home. and with the rest of your family. Great Alex got the job she wants.

    And of course a pity you won't finish the wardrobe in time for the contest, but still looking forward to the complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Nancy! So nice to meet someone from my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete